Friday, May 28, 2010

Ipoh Ride... the preparation...


Going for a ride? Here are some of the basic-MUST-list-of-things that you will need to bring apart from your bike:
MUSTHAVE WEARABLES:
Jersey, shorts (padded), gloves, shoes, helmet, socks, shades, back/hydrapack or/and waist pouch, wrist watch.
MUSTHAVE CONSUMABLES:
Fluids (1 litre per 10-15km depending on the terrain); more is better than less.
Energy or carbo stuff. My preference are energy bars or just plain ol' bananas.

MUSTHAVE BIKE STUFF:
Pump, spare tubes, tools, tyre repair kit
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED OTHER STUFF:
Sunblock (spf = 30 or more)...make sure its water proof and sweat proof. I recommend Coppertone,First Aid kit,Mosquito repellent,Hand-phone (and containment from water),GPS, small towel
OPTIONAL:
Odometer, spare clothes, mp3 player
Done.
For my own personal ride coming up this weekend (and am very excited about it!) in Ipoh, I've got pretty much all of the above except for spare clothes cos my jersey and shorts are both 'quick dry' and in Ipoh, I don't expect any change in temperature, so warm clothes wont be necessary, and riding in heavy torrential rain has never been a problem for me.
So... wish me luck... Ipoh here I come... stay glued to this site for my update on the ride after Sunday!
By the way... that bike you see up there... that's my baby! A nicely modded full sussed Giant Anthem X3... mmmm... nice to own my own personal Porsche that's a thousand times cheaper than the car! (go ahead... click on it!)

No comments: