Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ipoh Ride 30 May 2010


The picture you see here was just the beginning of so many hills that would break your legs! And since this was the first hill, with over a thousand riders, bottlenecks were inevitable. Hence, me, the back of the pack, waiting in line. It took us at least 45 mins just to clear the first 4km!
The ride itself was as gruelling as any ride could get. With a total 42km of sheer forest, open oil palm (??) estates, a little bit of tarmac on the way back, thigh burning hill climbs which made steroid (FRIM) seem kiddie, and some nice downhills.
After almost 5 hours, I made it out, after missing about 6km of the ride as my legs just gave up on me. Was granted position 332 though and little medal, which was nice!
Best part of the ride is that I'm that much fitter now I think, and worst part of the ride is that I've got to upgrade my cranks, which is has a terrible scraping noise now! Probably from all the climbs.
Not much to say about scenery though. Malaysian jungle is Malaysian jungle no matter where we go. Link to some picts of us on the right.

No comments: