Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ride with the KL Mountain Bike hash - Sg Buaya



Take the Rawang toll exit; drive into Rawang town and up towards the north. Until a turn off on the left about 5km from Rawang town. That's about all I remember about how to get to this place. All I know is that it was near some loji pembersihan air.
The ride began about 9.30am, with about 200 people; Guests and members of the KLMTB hash. I was a guest of Thomas and gang, all ready and equipped with my Garmin GPS to capture the trail so I can come back in the future and not get lost in this forest.
It was a cool morning, and in spite of the 200 people, the group quickly were dispersed due to different riding speeds and fitness. We were probably somewhere near the middle; not fast, not slow.
Not much to say about the scenery. Mostly single trail in the middle of a forest, nothing to look at except trees, trees, and more trees.
The actual hash was made up of 2 loops: easy and not so easy. After 10km on the easy, I decided that I was not fit enough to cover the 2nd 10km of not-so-easy, so I called it a day.
By the way... Thomas, lost his Garmin at some point near a river at the 2nd loop. Anyone find it.. please return to me.
Overall, nice easy ride and I'll definitely go there again.

No comments: